In one month classes and finals will be finished and I'll have 5-6 weeks to work on my online summer school class, start working on my actual sabbatical projects, and, most importantly, begin obsessing about what to pack for Italy.
Rick Steves' website (http://www.ricksteves.com/plan/tips/tips_menu.htm) has lots of advice on what to pack and packing light. And I think I can manage packing as if going away for 5 days rather than nearly 30 days. My problem is choosing which 2 shirts, 2 pants, 2 shoes, 1 skirt, etc to bring!
Right now I'm looking for the following--if anyone has any advice please post a comment:
1. black capris (washable, comfortable, wrinkle free, slimming but not too tight, for hiking and for dining)
2. a shoulder bag (yes, I have a day pack, but I'd rather not look too much like a tourist while we are walking around cities, so a should bag that looks nice enough for a dinner in Florence, but not too nice that I can't walk for hours with it).
3. a travel vest, very lightweight, but with internal zippered pockets to hold essentials. Must be black or dark colored and not look like I'm going flyfishing....
I THINK I have good shoe options with my dressy and casual Keens (and Teva sandals, though I'm aware that is one extra pair of shoes I may not want to carry)....
More on packing obsessions in April (unless I find the perfect item first!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment