Cinque Terre was our favorite place in Italy perhaps because it was the least crowded, the most visually stunning, and the place where we felt entirely relaxed. We rented an apartment called Maria 3 that I found online (casa5terre.com): it was the top floor of a house on a cliff (86 steps from "street" or harbor level). Tom and Kirsten from Portland were in the downstairs apartment. We had several "decks" including two that were above the apartment level, all overlooking the Ligurian Sea. We ate one of our favorite meals here, saw an art opening (I need to find Luigi's web address to share), walked the wine trail, Mike hiked the Cinque Terre trail and I put my feet in the Ligurian Sea. Here are some photos from Stacey's camera (Mike's photos to be posted eventually, perhaps in a slide show!). Above is the ocean facing part of Manarola--our apartment was on the other side of that rounded building at the edge of the cliff (I think!). Below is sunset from the lower deck of our apartment.
Here is Mike on the beach at Monterosso.
To the left is a view of Vernazza from the boat we took between towns.
And here is the Manarola train station (you have a choice of boat, train or hiking between towns):
No comments:
Post a Comment