Monday, April 21, 2008

Films that take place in Italy

Mike and I have been watching MANY films that take place in Italy (and/or are Italian films). Here's a short list of films:

Films:
La Dolce Vita
The Tiger and the Snow
Remember Me, My Love
La Scorta
The Godfather (I and II)
Malena
The Best of Youth
The Wings of a Dove
A Room With a View
I, Claudius
Tea with Mussolini
Rome
The Talented Mr. Ripley
Bread and Tulips
Cinema Paradiso
Stealing Beauty
Under the Tuscan Sun

2 comments:

Epicurean Slug said...

There's a very disturbing 1973 Nicolas Roeg film called DON'T LOOK NOW that views Venice as a dark, maze-like and paranoia producing city. I haven't seen it in years but remember being very bothered it's spookiness. It stars Julie Christie and a young and way handsome Donald Sutherland.

Stacey Lee Donohue said...

That sounds like a wonderful post-visit to Venice movie!

Another movie I forgot (thanks for the reminder, Kate!) is Dangerous Beauty.