Sunday, April 20, 2008

Shoulder Bag!


Nine days left! It's snowing in Bend right now so I'm even more excited to be in what looks to be real spring weather in Italy (50s-60s at least!). I'm imagining some chilly, rainy days, but those can be museum and coffee shop (or "bars" as they are called in Italy) days. But I am hoping for a some warm spring days, especially when we are at Cinque Terre and Sorrento.

For those who understand the pleasure of such things, I did find a shoulder bag (see top left): it's a PacSafe City 200. So far, I've been using it for 2 weeks and it seems to be comfortable (but we did have to add a shoulder pad to it).

And yes, we have figured out what to bring AND that it fits nicely (rolled and packed into 2 quart plastic ziploc bags with the air pushed out) into both our backpacks. I'll post those pictures another day.
Folks have been sending me restaurant recommendations: Jeanne says we should go to Da Ignacia in Venice, and Hilary says we need to go to Mimmi's in Florence. Katey gave me a list of places to eat at in Florence, her favorite gelato and sub sandwich shops! And I hear that the Pane Forte is yummy in Florence, too. Gary says to look for Umbertos in Sorrento. Send me more recommendations!


No comments: