Here is a picture of Tom and Kirsten, the Portland couple we met in Manarola (they were staying in the same building we were, right downstairs). I took the photo from our balcony above them. I need to edit it so that they are focused better, but you can see how high up we both were from the water.
We also tried to take photos of the food we were eating. A typical day's meal in Italy went like this:
Breakfast: Cafe latte (the hot milk was served separately from the espresso usually, especially in southern Italy, allowing me to mix it the way I wanted) or cappuccino for Mike, and a croissant (usually filled with chocolate, cream or jam). Sometimes we were able to find fruit and yogurt (or if we were in a bed and breakfast hotel they would serve it--but that was rare).
Lunch: Pizza (with a variety of topping choices) or a panini (sandwich on thick bread, usually tomato and cheese, something with salami) or tremezzini (smaller sandwiches on white bread--actually quite good).
Dinner: Often pasta (though someetimes we'd have pasta for lunch) or a caprese salad, and wine.
Believe it or not we both lost weight on the trip: 6-8 hours a day of walking can do that!
Here's a picture of our lunch in Monterosso, one of the towns in Cinque Terre.
Here is a photo of a street in Burano, the lace-making island near Venice. I'll post more photos another day....
1 comment:
Thanks for your comment and the link to our blog Stacey! Glad to hear you are back safe. Kirstin indeed made it to her all day Friday meeting, while I seemed to battle jet lag for about 3 days afterwards. Thanks for posting the photo of us in Manarola, you got us in our Sunday best! I'll have to look through the rest of your entries and catch up.
Ciao, Tom
Post a Comment