Wow. Saw sunbeams coming out of a cloud yesterday striking a church -- one of those postcard moments -- and then I realized that sunbeams can't really miss here. :)
We hit the Coloseo and other ruins, ate very well, explored some of the town. Remarkably, it feels safe here. Maybe not so remarkable, but it's like N.York with wider streets and more piazzas. Yes, the groovy stuff is a thousand or two years older than N.York, but the comparison feels comfortable. Trastevere, where we're staying, feels like Brooklyn.
We bought some wine at a shop a block from our hotel last night. I dropped my change and began looking for it (coins are like quite valuable here) and the shopkeeper/butcher laughed a bit, gave me the same amount I dropped, and wished us a good night. Local owners are super-cool -- kinda what I recall of Brooklyn, but Stacey could tell y'all more.
Pictures? Many. Post them? Soon. I'll switch to Stacey's machine, which has a card reader.
Ciao! Off to meet Signor Ratzinger, along with a few thousand other travelers.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment