We are checking out shortly and headed to the smaller city of Lucca, west of Florence. It's about a 90 minute train ride. Repacking our backpacks reminded us NOT to buy "stuff" yet (but no, I do not regret buying my new shoulder bag!): luckily, the train station is only a 10 minute walk from the hotel.
It is getting warmer here: 75 is going to be the high here in Florence and 74 in Lucca. It's perfect weather....
One of the Florence newspapers, Il Firenze, had a article on Clinton and Obama that I could mostly understand. They refer to Obama as the "senator of color" who was victorious in the latest primaries against the "bitter" Clinton! (the headline is "Pari amaro per Clinton"---the hotel clerk says that means "bitter" though I am thinking it is more like "sour grapes"?? If Carmelo or Mike are reading this let me know...I am curious!).
We attempted to read the rest of the paper over our last breakfast in Florence: yogurt and cafe latte for me, cappuccino and "una paste" for Mike. We have become comfortable in "our" neighborhood so it is sad to leave, but I am looking forward to the next few smaller towns...
Ciao for now. Our next posting may not be for a day or so.
Stacey
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hmmm...I just tried to post with no luck...so again, I am missing Italia as you write -- in my head the eternal cities are yesterday, not 7 years ago. The food, the history, the boys yelling sweet obscenities at me, the leather goods
sigh
Carry on!
Post a Comment