
NO! This pizza can't be defended.
In case you're wondering, that really is hotdogs-and-frenchfries pizza, courtesy a cafe in Sorrento that caters to Brits and children. (The proprietor assured me that it's just the kids that buy such a thing, although there was some puzzlement when I asked for what she called "Italian Coffee" rather than what most folks there order.

This was in Rome -- our final meal. Much more appetizing, including the pasta with green things that Stacey ordered and the pasta with wild boar sauce I selected.
Most menus feature pizza -- in better flavors than suggested by the top pic. In San G., I had a pie that featured most of the flavors of Tuscany; it wasn't "traditional" in the foodie sense, but it had everything I saw growing in the region in tastefully arranged quantities. Excellent stuff. That's my defense, meager as it is.
This is the only beer I really liked in Italy -- something I found in a quiet spot in Anacapri. It's French, and tasted amazing. Mmmmm.
3 comments:
My last Rome dinner was delicious: pasta di zucca (basically, ravioli stuffed with pumpkin and topped with a cream sauce and mint).
We chatted with an Australian family over that dinner. The father was a geology professor and had been a visiting professor in Spokane, so he was thrilled to chat with Pacific Northwesterners. They, too, were flying out the next day, but their trip to Australia, via Hong Kong, seemed much more horrid than our trip!
Stacey
I had the cinghiale pasta in Florence, mmmmm mmmmm good!
What a wonderful journey that was! I look forward to seeing more of the shots you two took :-)
Post a Comment